Search This Blog

A Snowy Christmas Themed Living Room

Click on the image to enlarge


I did a bit of blogsurfing today and boy does almost everyone in the blogosphere is into Christmas decorating already. And why not? We could already feel the chill and everywhere we go decors abound. I love this living room from Living Etc. magazine's December 2010 issue.

A mid-century Modern Narnia with a pull-out-the-stops mural as a backdrop to a shimmering icy tree. Lay a powder-snow-soft rug for the perfect Christmas morning scene. - Living Etc.

I just love those Arne Jacobsen leather Swan Chairs, perfect for the snowy Christmas theme. And did you notice the wire design side table? I did, the one with the vintage silver goblet with small turquoise bow, it is so fab. Speaking of the turquoise bows, the turquoise bows on the Wall Winter Scene wallpaper mural is an eye-catcher and of course so is the lovely mural plus the frosty spray on the windows makes one feel the spirit of the season right away. The grand Christmas Tree with its gorgeous silver baubles is the heart of this Snowy Christmas themed living room. And the Camana Ecru Rug is gorgeous, I'd be glad sit or lie in there while opening my Christmas presents.


19 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow.. thats' interesting. I never saw anything like it. I think it's very unique.

Good job!


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

very married said...

that room almost makes me feel chilly just looking at it. would it be goofy if i said, it's "so cool" ? :)

Unknown said...

Looks great, real winter spirit :)

Casa Très Chic said...

That wall is very unique, I love Arne Jacobsen chairs.
Hugs.
Tereza

Anonymous said...

While I appreciae a less modern space filled with antiques and shabby pieces, I can appreciate the beauty of this room. The tree is absolutely perfect and everything is so soothing, calm, peaceful....
Thanks for visiting and taking the time leave your sweet comment.
Have a wonderful weekend!
~ Jo :)

Kellie Collis said...

The room looks so cool! I'm loving the white chairs! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

Fifi Flowers said...

What a FUN holiday space!

Unknown said...

Nice living room!! That's interesting and unique.

cupcake said...

I think I would feel cold in that room even if in reality there was 30C! But i like it and I can feel the Christmas spirit too!

Myrna said...

Hiya Ann! Thanks for visiting!
I LOVE your blog~you show some amazing spaces I've never seen before~truly 'inspirational'!! ;-)
I look forward to checking in to see what gorgeous rooms you have found!
Blessings,
Myrna

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Oh my....snowy themed living room - you meant literally!!! Haha!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love all of the inspiration. I so need all I can get because I haven't even begun decorating yet :)

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

I LOVE IT! I want to climb inside the computer screen. Beautiful, with a magical feel...

Anonymous said...

Such a neat room and I have seen murals like this or similar at allposters.com It would be fun to do this! Hey, you need a follower thing on your side bar!

xoxo said...

That is a very magical room, I'm totally digging that winter wonderland wall paper :D

Xoxo

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Just beautiful. Such a refreshing look.
Have a wonderful day.
Teresa

K&B by the Sea said...

This picture made it onto my blog too :-) Love the wall mural and the rug and the tree :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting, come again.
I loved your blog, very cute.
Kiss

Eliane
The little house

Disclaimer:

None of the images are mine
unless stated otherwise.